Google Nexus 5 is a powerful option for hi-tech smartphone lovers. It comes with 2.3 GHz Qualcomm processor, 4.95-inch Full HD Display, 8 MP Primary camera and runs on Android v4.4 KitKat OS. It is an awesome phone, but has its own issues just like any other Android.
One of the main issues with Nexus 5 is its poor battery backup. If you are a Nexus user, you may be experienced with the issue several times. The battery charge will exhaust very quickly and some time it will take more time to charge the device. How to overcome this situation ?
- Create better power saving plans and put it in ‘Flight mode’ in low/no network coverage areas or you are not using it. Airplane mode will help you to save and improve tha battery life to a certain extent.
- Use battery saving apps like Greenify. It will forcefully stop the apps which are not in use. As a result of that, your battery charging will remain for a long time.
- It is better to charge the device in off position. If not, restart the phone as soon as the charging is completed.
- Do not break the charging process in between. Charging on/off frequently will affect the battery life of the phone.
- It is ideal to switch off the data during charging. If not, the charger heats up quickly.
Frequent shutdown is another major issue facing by Nexus users. To solve this,
- Some times excess amount of app/game data may create the problem. Clear data, cache with top productivity apps or by going to the Settings -> Apps menu. Second option is useful to find apps with large amount of data size.
- Do factory reset to restore everything into default state
- Remove the battery for 10-15 minutes, then put it again and charge the device until it reaches 100% mark. Hope it will solve the issue. If not, contact relevant product forums or nearest customer service center.