Android rooting is beneficial in several ways. It lets you remove unwanted pre-installed apps, update OS, customize the look and feel of the device etc.
Benefits of rooting
- Uninstall factory loaded apps and games
- Customize everything on your phone- processor, font, status bar, reboot menu and many more
- Install any themes, apps you want (No more compatibility issue)
- Update OS (No more wait for official release)
- Make better backup for recovery
- Improve battery life as you can manage the device more effectively
Image Credit – blog.tamindir.com
- You will lose the company warranty
- Some times your phone will damage during rooting process itself. If so, you have to forget about it forever.
There’re several rooting apps available on web. Super One Click is most common among them. Check the list of compatibile handsets before you proceed. If your device name mentioned, Install the app on your PC and follow the below mentioned steps.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device (Settings- Applications- Development- USB debugging)
- Connect your computer and phone using data cable. Remove/Unmount your memory card before going to the next step.
- Run SuperOneClick.exe from the downloaded file.
- Samsung users should click on ‘Samsung Captivate’ tab and others choose ‘Universal’ tab and tap on root.
- USB driver corresponding to your handset is required in the next step. It will be automatically downloaded by the app, if not install it from the official site your phone manufacturer.
- Wait for some minutes. Meanwhile you can see some system messages on the window.
- Finally it will show ‘Success’. It means your phone is rooted succesfully.
- Now you can see Super user icon on the phone. If not, reboot the device. It should show the icon now.
Kingo Android Root is another popular app for the purpose. Follow these steps, if you want to go with the app.
- Download and Install the app on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone/tablet.
- Connect your computer and device through data cable.
- Run Android Root on the system.
- Click on Root and wait for some moments.
- Your device will reboot at the end after finishing the process.