How to unlock to your Chromebook with your Android Smartphone? Its possible with Smart lock for Chrome. you can sign in to or unlock your Chromebook by having your Android phone nearby.
How to do that? Here is the steps.
- If you have more than one compatible phone nearby, turn off the ones you won’t be using.
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Make sure that your phone and Chromebook are connected to the Internet.
- Click your account picture in the bottom right corner.
- Click Settings > Show advanced settings…
- In the “Smart Lock” section, click Set up.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone and your Chromebook.
- Place the phone and the Chromebook close together so that they can detect each other’s Bluetooth signal.
You’ll see a notification on your phone letting you know it’s connected to your Chromebook.
Note – To use this feature you should have a Android Smartphone with 5.0 Lollipop, Bluetooth and a Chromebook with Chrome OS version 40+ and Bluetooth. You cant use Android Tablets to access this feature.
Credit – Google