Android Nougat users will get more control over spam messages and calls. Unlike previous versions, once you blocked a number in Nougat, he cannot contact you from any other app using the same number. It means you are more safe and closed all doors towards the spammers from contacting you.
It’s an awesome update to tighten your Android security. Here is how it works.
How to block numbers using the default Google Dialer
- Open the dialer app
- Click on the Microphone icon from top of the app
- Choose Settings > Call blocking > Add number
- Enter the number you want to block
If you want to block a number from the call history, follow these easy steps –
- Tap on the number from the call log
- Select Block/report spam
How to block numbers using Messenger
- Open Messenger
- Click on the menu option from the top right corner
- Choose Blocked contacts option
- Select Add a number option
- Enter the number to block
If you would like to block a person who is sending annoying messages, follow the steps below –
- Long press on the desired message to select
- Select Block/spam option from the top right corner
- Repeat the process for all other spam numbers
Hope this helps you to Block a Call and Message from Any Number in Android Nougat easily.